Thursday, June 26, 2014

Piper's Dad

Just in case you didn't know, I thought I'd tell you a little secret. Piper has an amazing dad and we sure love him! Whew..... I'm sure glad the secret's out!!!

Stephen has now been able to celebrate father's day a whole TWO whopping times! When Piper was born I saw a whole new side of Stephen. He is so sweet and patient with Piper. The minute he walks in the door, he's helping me make dinner and taking care of Piper. I'm pretty sure his official name should be super dad. We would be lost without him!

  
I'm so grateful for this guy. He always works so hard so that I can stay home with Piper instead of sending her to daycare. Many times, I complain because I feel like Piper and I don't get enough time to spend with him. We're kind of selfish with his time. Maybe he should be less likeable!


The minute we hear the car beep from Stephen's car, Piper and I are running for that door to meet him outside. That's when Piper brings her best smiles to the table. I love watching Piper and Stephen together after he gets home. They are too cute! In fact, sometimes I get kind of jealous watching the two of them. She saves her grandest smiles and laughs for him.


A few months ago, Stephen started playing music on his phone for him and Piper to dance to. Each night she lays her head on his shoulder as they dance to a few songs before she goes to bed. She always gets so upset when he turns off the music and puts her down. This lady enjoys spending time with her dad!

 
This Father's day didn't quite pan out the way I planned. I was browsing Pinterest two days before Father's day and came across what I thought was the best gift idea.  I'm not even sure where I found the image but I thought it was pretty cool and was sure I could make one just like it. 


I knew it would be the best gift for Stephen! For some reason I wasn't in too much of a hurry, even though I only less than two days. In fact, I didn't even start until the day before Father's day. Pretty sure I've mentioned before that I am not a good, or even great, crafter.
 
You'd think after years and years of going to school that I would learn the most important rule ever. Don't procrastinate! Procrastination is bad, Bad, BAD! Wouldn't you know that when you procrastinate nothing works out as planned. I was spray painting my box black and ran out. Lucky for me I had another full bottle. Wrong! I had a bottle of the worst spray paint ever. It was so splotchy and running everywhere so I had to resort to hand painting that little baby which took forever. I won't even talk about all the problems I ran into or how destructive I was to our kitchen knives since the x-acto knife was MIA.

This little project was far from perfect but I am so proud of how this little project turned out, mostly because I had zero help from Stephen. Whenever I decide to attempt a craft he ends up helping me. Without him, I don't think I'd ever try to make anything. His gift had lots of imperfections but that's what made it special! 


Stephen requested BBQ meatballs for his special Father's day meal. I was so wrapped up in that stupid box that Stephen had to make his own dinner. I was the worst mom and wife ever! In fact, I think we should re-celebrate Father's day so I can make it up to him.


Stephen acted so good to act surprised and happy when he saw his gift, even though he saw the back side of it the whole time I was making it. He was so sure I was making him some lame-o gift. I sure showed him! He was quite impressed with my little movie box.

I am so grateful to have Stephen in my life. He is so patient with me and always so willing to help me. I don't know how I ever made it in life without him. I am always coming up with new projects for him to do. Needless to say, he will never forget how to use his Photoshop skills with me around.

Thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father Steve! We love you!!!

No comments: