Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Birthday Bash

We celebrated Piper's birthday in Utah the day before we left to return to Texas. We figured since we were with our family we'd celebrate it with them. Since she has no idea what a birthday even is or when hers is we figured it didn't matter if we celebrated a few days early.


Piper likes to start her day very early in the morning. Often times much early than Stephen or I would like. There are mornings were she wakes up around five a.m. Six o'clock I can handle, but not five. Usually we can get her to go back to bed. The mornings she doesn't go back to bed makes for a long day.

That morning, my mom took Jared and Kaylee to the temple to do baptisms. Recently, my sister, Jen has been working on our family history and finding names of those whose temple work hasn't been done.

After Jared and Kaylee were done with the baptisms, Stephen and I were able to take a couple of the names through the temple to perform the ordinances. Mom and Kaylee was so good to take Piper and watch her for a few hours while we were gone.


I love going to the temple and the peace that can be felt there. Even though we only live 35 minutes from the Dallas Temple, we don't get the chance to visit very often. It was such a blessing to be able to go. 

Once we got home from the temple, I made Piper her very own special cupcake. A few months after Piper was born, blood started showing up in her stools. We found out that she's allergic the protein found in cow's milk. Since then she's had to drink a special formula  I like to call "liquid gold" because it's so darn expensive!

I found a recipe online that were dairy and egg free. They were actually quite delicious and you'd never know they were missing anything. After whipping up her cupcakes, we had a hot dog roast in the fire pit. I love the taste of hot dogs that have been cooked over a fire. I don't know why but they always seem to taste so much better than cooking them indoors.  


Once dinner was over, it was present time!!! Before leaving Texas we shipped Piper's presents there and hoped we would have room in our bags to bring them back.


Piper's got several pairs of sandals, shoes, a few new outfits, a swimsuit, a baby doll, and toys. I didn't think she would be all that great at opening the presents but she surprised me. With a little help she did quite well at pulling that paper off!!


Of course between presents, we had to open take each toy out of the packaging a test it out. We wouldn't want to take home any toys that weren't fun!!!


Once everything was opened and all the toys broken in, it was time to eat that yummy cupcake. This little girl looked at the cupcake, picked all the frosting off, smashed the cupcake to pieces, and finally ate it.


I'm so glad we could celebrate Piper's birthday with family. I know she could have cared less who was there but it meant a lot to me to that our family took time out of their busy schedules to celebrate her special day.


No comments: