Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bathing in Unusual Places

During our trip to Arkansas, Piper took some baths in very different places. Ever since she was born, she’s taken a bath in our huge garden tub. When we were first looking at apartments in Texas I loved the idea of a garden tub, although I have no idea why it appealed to me since neither Stephen and I take a bath. After Piper was born I came to the decision that I hate that garden tub. It is so deep and huge! It makes getting her in the bath and washing her super hard. I feel like I’m climbing half way in the tub with her just get her washed.

In Wally and Leilani’s bathroom they have this huge sink that they used to wash their dogs in. When Piper was there last Thanksgiving she was 5 months old and was the perfect size for their sink. This little miss is just about too big for the sink now.

 

Close to the sink, there’s a wall heater that’s fun to sit in front of to dry off. Stephen and Piper enjoyed sitting there for several minutes after her bath. It felt so good to feel the heat. It’s probably a good thing we don’t have one of these heaters in the bathroom otherwise I might spend my whole day in front of it.


While giving Piper a bath, I happened to look out the window. I love springtime and all the flowers that beginning blooming on the trees and on bushes. In Arkansas spring is beautiful since there are trees everywhere. 


While we were there, Leilani had a vase of lilac’s sitting on her counter. I loved smelling them because they reminded me of my Grandma Scott. Growing up, grandma had lots of lilacs in her backyard and I loved smelling them each spring as the fragrant blossoms began blooming.

Recently Piper has been waking up earlier and earlier, which I don’t love. I like being able to slowly wake up in the mornings on my own instead of hearing a crying baby in the next room. I know those days of sleeping in are long gone though. One of the mornings Piper woke up early enough for us to be able to enjoy the sun coming up over the lake. Secretly, I think she wanted to see the view more than me. Although I am grateful I got the chance to see the beautiful sunrise, so thank you Piper for waking me up early!!


Because Piper wakes up so early, she takes an early morning nap around 9:30. I usually try and get her fed and in the tub before she goes down for her nap. This morning, everyone was slow to get up so we couldn’t wash piper in the big dog sink. I washed out the downstairs bathtub out and began to fill it only to realize there was no drain stopper so the only alternative was the kitchen sink.


Yep, this girl took some baths in some strange places but thank goodness she’s easy going most of the time.

No comments: