Saturday, July 26, 2014

Who Needs a Doctor

While taking a walk with Piper in Arkansas, on the 4th of July, my knee started hurting. Darn wandering so far from the house! At the time, I just kept walking and eventually it was fine again. When we arrived home from our trip, I got out of the car and noticed it was swollen. Each time I took a step there was a double pop. Uh oh!

During my high school days, I had to have surgery on my knee. My knee cap would slide out of place occasionally, so the doctor tried to prevent this from happening. Too bad it only sort of worked. Thankfully its been several years since this happened.

Last week, I had to deal with a swollen, pop, grinding knee. Stephen made a doctor appointment and told me I had 5 days to either get better or I was going to the doctor. I was hoping for the getting better option. By the time my appointment rolled around, I decided I was going.

I would have been better off staying home. At the office I filled out 35 minutes worth of paper, had my knee x-rayed, and had the doctor tell me things looked good. And if I wanted, I could have an MRI. No thanks! Here's to hoping it gets better on its own.

P.S. Stephen loved my x-ray shorts SO much he just HAD to have a mugshot of them for keepsake purposes.


P.S.S. It's fabulous going to a doctor appointment with Piper. All she wanted to do was what she shouldn't be doing. Such as: stealing an old ladies cane, trying to escape into the women's bathroom, taking people's phones, and playing with the hazardous waste basket. Yep, whoever said having a kid was easy was lying!!! Somehow we left that doctor's office unscathed, hopefully to never return.

No comments: