Monday, September 15, 2014

Hawaiian Falls

Last month, a friend of mine texted me during the week to see if Piper and I wanted to go to Hawaiian Falls, a water park. She had a free ticket and wanted to know if I'd like it. My immediate reaction was no because Piper still needs both her morning and afternoon naps. Within the last few weeks, she's begun struggling to take both naps even though she's exhausted. After mulling it over and talking to Stephen about it, I figured she'd be fine with only one nap that day. I let my friend Alicia know we would be joining her on Friday after Piper's first nap.

On Friday morning I hoped and prayed Piper would take a good nap before we went to the water park. As we were walking out the door with Stephen, I heard the most dreaded noise ever. Lawnmowers!!! Which meant the complex lawn was being cut today and a million leaf blowers would be running  around. That meant a poor nap for Piper. My heart sunk but there was no backing out on our plans and Alicia.

Piper and I walked across the street to play at the park, then came back home for a nap. She only took a short 45 minute nap before the bad leaf blower came around, but I was extremely grateful for those short 45 minutes.

We finally arrived at Hawaiian Falls all lathered in sun blocked and with our bathing suits in tow. After finding Alicia and the kids we tried out the splash pad, which Piper didn't like. Then the lazy river, which Piper didn't like. Next was the kiddy pool with lots of slides, which Piper didn't like. I think she enjoyed running out of the water to dry land and holding onto the side of the kiddy pool better than anything.


At last, it was time to leave. While Alicia was collecting her kids, Piper found a stream of water with spraying water to play in. She had finally found her true love. Before we left, Piper found her second love, the wave pool. Every time the waves came, she giggled and laughed and trudged deeper into the water. Good thing I was there to hold her back! Right before we left, I changed Piper back into her street clothes. Even then she kept finding her way back to the wave pool. She was not ready to leave her new friend.

As we walked out of the park, Alicia told me she had 2 free pass for the next day if Stephen and I wanted them. On the drive home I called Stephen to see if he'd like to go. Of course he did!!! On the way home, Piper fell asleep in her carseat which never happens. Unfortunately, by the time I got her inside our apartment all thoughts of sleep were gone and she was ready to go again.


The next morning, we got Piper to sleep early and were ready to go by noon with our packed lunch. We met Alicia by the gate so she could get it us.


After lots of searching, we found a place to put all or our belongings and got Piper changed. We were ready to hit all the fun pools.


Piper had much more fun the second day. This time she loved the splash pad and didn't even mind that she kept getting hit in the face with buckets of water! Stephen found some big girl slides for Piper to go on. Each time Piper would close her eyes and once they were done, jump right out.  I'm not sure whether Piper or Stephen enjoyed it more.


We spent lots of time in the lazy river and were finally able to snag a tube right before we left. Every time we got in the lazy river Stephen told me how much more enjoyable it would be with a tube. Boy, was he right. Even though Piper was falling asleep on me in the tube, I wasn't ready to go. Thank goodness Piper has a good papa who pried me off that tube to get us home.


We had so much fun in the sun! It kind of makes me a little sad summer is leaving and Fall is right around the corner. Summer, we had fun but we are ready for some cooler weather. See you next year!!!

P.S. Summer, it sure would be nice if you could be a little cooler than 90+ next year. We sure would enjoy some lower temperatures! Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Ben and Kristen Call said...

haha that picture of Stephen and Piper going down the slide is priceless!!!

Jen Gull said...

That looks like a fun water park. Glad piper learned to like it.

Jen Gull said...

Ps. Tell Stephen I like his scruff!! (I really do)