Friday, March 14, 2014

A Beginning

Over the years, I’ve often thought about starting a blog. Quickly I would come to the realization that I have absolutely nothing to write about. Stephen and I don’t go on grand adventures or do anything exciting. Our lives revolve our daughter, Piper, and spending time together as a family.

I’ve never been an amazing journal writer. I would go through phases where I would write lots, trying to play catch up for the past year. By doing it this way, it quickly lost its appeal and I’d fall even further behind.

Since Piper’s birth, I’ve tried to write things down but find I’m constantly playing the catch up game. Lately, as I’ve watched the changes Piper’s gone through, I realize I need to write these things down. I don’t want to regret not doing it later in life.

Last year we moved further away from my family. It’s been hard being apart, especially since Piper was born. I wish our families could watch her grow up and be a part of her life. Even though they’re not physically here with us they can at least be a part of our lives through this blog.

So…. here’s to starting a blog!